找回密码
 注~册
搜索
查看: 1733|回复: 4

[天声人语] 080418补习费用的贷款

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-4-20 16:20:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
080418补习费用的贷款

携帯の画面を見て、高校3年の麻未さんは心で手を合わせたに違いない。〈受験費用心配しなくて良いからと父のメールに涙こらえる〉。1月の小欄でご紹介した現代学生百人一首(東洋大学主催)の入選作である。

高3的麻未同学看着手机的显示屏,心里肯定在双手合十。“爸爸的邮件忍泪读:考试费用别担心”。这是本栏目在1月份介绍过的现代学生百人一首(东洋大学主办)的入选作品之一。

縮む家計に、教育費はずっしり重い。台所を気遣う娘がいれば、余計なことは考えるなと励ます父がいる。事情が許さず、望まぬ選択を迫られる親子もあろう。

教育费用对于局促的家庭开销而言是很沉重的。有担心家里伙食的女儿,就有鼓励女儿专心学习的父亲。然而。迫于家境而作出情非得已之选择的父母子女,也是有的吧。

東京都が夏から、低所得世帯向けに、受験生の塾代を無利子で貸し出すそうだ。中学3年なら平均的な通塾費の6割にあたる年15万円まで、高校3年の上限は20万円で、受験料も貸す。合格したら返済の免除も考えるという。全国初の試みで、希望者は中高合わせて3千人弱とみる。

据说,东京都从今年夏天开始将对低收入家庭发放用作应考生补习费的无息贷款了。若是初中3年级学生,则贷款额度相当于平均补习费6成的15万日元;高中3年级学生,则上限为20万日元,考试费用也可贷款。若考试合格,还可考虑免于还贷。作为全国首次尝试,估计初高中的申请者总共约3千人不到。

教室でやるべきことを外に放り出した、という批判はあろう。確かに、学力の底上げは公教育の仕事だが、入学試験の多くは基礎学力「プラスα」の部分で争われる。そこで負けまいと、東京の中学生は7~8割が学習塾に通う。

估计有人会批评说,本该在教室里完成的学习却放到了校外。确实,基础学力的提高是公共教育的本职工作,可入学考试却又往往是在基础学力之上“+α”的部分展开竞争。东京的初中生中的7~8成就是为了不输在这部分上,才去补习班学习的。

だから、学校の勉強だけでは学力や受験技術に差がつく。家が富めるほど進学や就職に有利で、豊かでない家庭の子は人生の出発点でハンディを負う冷たい現実。公費による支援で、これをどこまで突き崩せるか注目したい。

正因为这样,光靠校内的学习就会在学力和应试技巧上与人产生差距。现实就是如此冷酷,家庭越富有在升学和就业上就越有利,家境不宽裕的孩子在人生的起点上就已是障碍重重了。公费的援助到底在多大程度上能够打破这严酷的事实,我欲拭目以待。

日本学生支援機構によると、06年度の大学生の生活費は年72万円だった。ピークの00年度から21万円の減だ。親の収入や仕送りが細り、娯楽や食費を切り詰める姿が浮かぶ。合格に金がかかり、入学でまた金が去る。涙をこらえた麻未さん、アルバイトを始めた頃だろうか。

根据日本学生支援机构的统计,2006年度大学生的年生活费为72万日元。比最高时的2000年减少了21万日元。由此,因父母的收入以及生活费减少而压缩娱乐、伙食费用的大学生形象跃然而出。考试合格要花钱,进了大学更要花钱。曾经含泪读父亲邮件的麻末同学,眼下已在勤工俭学了吧(注:日本学校的新生入学在4月份)。

《朝日新闻》的英译:

Key step toward equal education opportunity
04/19/2008

Asami, a third-year high school student, must have been deeply moved when she saw a text message from her father on her cellphone. The teenager later recalled her experience in a collection of poems called "Hyakunin isshu." "A mail from my father/ Says I shouldn't worry about my (college) entrance test fees/ I struggle not to cry."

She submitted this poem to "Contemporary Hyakunin Isshu by Students," a contest sponsored by Toyo University, and won a prize. I introduced her piece in this column back in January.

The cost of education weighs heavily on households with shrinking budgets. There are kids like Asami fretting about their parents' finances, and parents like Asami's father lovingly reassuring them not to worry. But there must also be families forced to face the painful reality of having no money to spare for further education.

This summer, the Tokyo metropolitan government will reportedly start offering interest-free loans to junior and senior high school students from low-income households to enable them to attend juku cram schools and prepare for entrance exams.

The loan limit for third-year junior high school students is 150,000 yen, which is about 60 percent of the average juku school tuition per year. For students in the final year of high school, the limit is 200,000 yen. These students will also be able to borrow money to pay for their entrance exam fees.

The Tokyo government is said to be considering exempting students who pass their entrance exams from repaying their loan for exam fees.

This is the first student assistance program of its kind in the nation, and close to nearly 3,000 junior and senior high school teens are expected to apply.

Some people may criticize the government for effectively allowing public schools to dump extra-curricular education on juku operators. I fully agree that raising the academic performance of students at public schools is the responsibility of the government.

But it is also a fact that many schools and colleges test their applicants on more than just what they are supposed to have learned in the classroom. That is why 70 to 80 percent of junior high school students in Tokyo attend cram schools to improve their grades and hone their entrance exam "skills."

Thus, youngsters from well-off families have an edge over their less advantaged peers in education and employment, while kids from poorer families are handicapped at the very start of their adulthood. This is a sobering reality.

I would like to see how far Tokyo's new student assistance program will be able to level the playing field.

According to the Japan Student Services Organization, the cost of living for an average university student was 720,000 yen in fiscal 2006. This was 210,000 yen less than in the peak year of fiscal 2000. I can visualize students scrimping on entertainment expenses and food bills because of reduced financial support from their parents.

It costs money just to apply for a school or college, and then more money is needed to pay tuition. I wonder if Asami, who struggled not to cry, has found some part-time work by now.

--The Asahi Shimbun, April 18(IHT/Asahi: April 19,2008)
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-4-22 09:45:27 | 显示全部楼层

请教+打扰

"希望者"能译成"有这种意愿的人"吗?
学习中……

评分

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-4-22 15:01:54 | 显示全部楼层
"有这种意愿的人"更像是对"希望者"的解释。
意思没错,不能说不可以这么翻译。
但偶不认为是个好的译词。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-4-22 16:21:37 | 显示全部楼层
估计初高中的申请者总共约3千人不到
大概有不到3千名的初高中申请者

评分

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-9-20 11:41:38 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 abyssthinice 于 2010-9-20 12:33 编辑

台所を気遣う娘がいれば”译为“有担心家里伙食的女儿”似不尽妥当。

“台所”在这里似为转义,意为“财政,家庭的经济状况”。

这从英译“There are kids like Asami fretting about their parents' finances”也可以看出。

若将“台所を気遣う娘がいれば、余計なことは考えるなと励ます父がいる。”中的“いれ”理解为口语的假定形,则诚如译文所言;然若将其理解为文语的已然形,则为“既……又”的句型。

英译“There are kids like Asami fretting about their parents' finances, and parents like Asami's father lovingly reassuring them not to worry. ”似接近后者。

不过二者似皆出于一源,意思相通、模棱两可也就不足为奇了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注~册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|咖啡日语

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 07:09