注~册
搜索
查看: 1778|回复: 2

[天声人语] 天声人语 20140220 雪灾之后

[复制链接]
发表于 2014-2-20 15:15:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
天声人语 20140220 雪灾之后
VOX POPULI: Lessons from snow country can ease big city winter blues

▼いつもぎっしりの状態に慣れているせいだろう、スーパーやコンビニの棚に空きが目立つと落ち着かない。最寄りのスーパーは大雪のあと、野菜などが品薄になった。生協の宅配も、注文した品がそろわない欠品があったと聞く。ものは運ばれて手もとに届くのだとあらためて思う。
或许是因为对于货架上商品玲琅满目的景象已经司空见惯了,一旦超市或者便利店的货架明显空荡荡时,稍觉有些不安。离得最近的超市在关东地区暴雪天气后,蔬菜类的商品已然开始短缺起来。消费者们通过生活协同协会预定的配送商品听说也因为缺货无法配送。笔者终于再次认识到,所谓商品,都是要通过运输才能送到消费者手中的。
Because I am used to seeing stores packed with products, the sight of half-empty shelves in supermarkets and convenience stores makes me feel uneasy. After the heavy snow that recently hit the Kanto region, there was a shortage of vegetables at the supermarket near my home. I also heard that users of consumer co-ops home delivery services were told that some items they ordered were not available. The snow once again made me realize that products travel before they reach us.

▼「これはどこからの旅ですか」。以前は八百屋さんで初物を見ると、こんなふうに聞いたものだと、が本紙に寄せていた。1977年の随筆だから、そのさらに前のことだ。道中をいたわるやさしい言葉だと、作家はつづる。
本报曾登载过小说家幸田文(1904~1990)的随笔,文章这样写道:以前,跑到蔬菜店里看见时令的新果蔬,总会问一句店家“这都是从哪儿产的呀?”。这篇随笔写于1977年,因而文中所写该是更早以前的事情了。她接着写道:这也是想着蔬菜瓜果们为了到达货架一路辗转的旅程,一句亲切的问候之语。
Writer Aya Koda (1904-1990) recalled in an essay she contributed to The Asahi Shimbun that whenever she saw first fruits or vegetables of the season at the greengrocer, she used to ask, “Where did they come from?” She wrote the piece in 1977, but the question goes further back. They were words of kindness that gave thought to the journey that products made before reaching the store, Koda wrote.

▼現代の私たちにとって、ともすれば青物も鮮魚も店の棚に「ある」ものだ。他の食品でも日用品でも、ふだんは忘れている「ものの旅」を災害のたびに思い出す。すかすかの棚は心細さを加速させる。
对生活在现代的我们来说,蔬菜和鲜鱼似乎好像直接出产在店家货架上一样。其他的食品和日用品也是一样,每逢灾害才会重新让人想起这些货品的“到来之旅”。空落落的货架更让人倍感不安。
Today, we tend to think that vegetables and fish that line store shelves are always “there”. Every time a disaster strikes, I think about the travel that vegetables, fish and other foods, as well as other daily necessities, made to get where they are. This is something I rarely think about at normal times. Half-empty shelves accelerate feelings of insecurity.

▼大雪に降られながら、江戸期の名著『北越雪譜(ほくえつせっぷ)』を開いてみた。越後人の鈴木牧之(ぼくし)による雪国の生活誌は、白魔への恨み節で満ちるが、素朴な時代ゆえの強さがある。いまは文明が進んだ一方で、ありがたい便利さは自然の牙(きば)にとてももろい。
在这大雪时节,笔者翻开了江户时期的名著《北越雪谱》。作者铃木牧之(1770~1842)是当时越后国人(现在的新潟县),这本记述冰雪王国的生活志中,虽然充满了对雪这种白色恶魔的憎恶与抱怨,倒也体现出生活在那个朴素时代的人们特有的顽强。如今,文明进程虽已大大发展,但这种令人愉悦的生活便利性在大自然的凶猛獠牙面前不堪一击。
During the heavy snow, I leafed through “Hokuetsu Seppu” (Snow stories of Northern Echigo province), an Edo Period (1603-1867) masterpiece. Written by Echigo (present-day Niigata Prefecture) native Suzuki Bokushi (1770-1842), the book describes the daily life of snow country and is filled with complaints about the white devil in the guise of heavy snow. At the same time, it shows the strength of people who lived a simple existence in the old days. Although civilization has made advances, the conveniences we enjoy today are extremely vulnerable to the fangs of nature.

▼かといって、野菜などを土に埋めたり、わらに包んで桶(おけ)で保存したりして現代人は暮らせない。列車が止まれば商機は失せ、ライフラインの途絶は命をおびやかす。
话虽如此,对现代人来说,到底也不再能过以前那种将蔬菜往地里埋、或者裹上稻草麦秆往桶里贮藏的日子了。列车一旦停运,商机顿失;运送给养的生命线路一停,则关乎生死存亡。
It is difficult for people today to bury vegetables underground or wrap them in straw and put them in barrels to preserve them like they used to in the old days. If trains stop, commerce comes to a standstill and the disruption of lifelines could be a matter of life or death.

▼本の中で牧之は、暖地を「寸雪(すんせつ)の国」、地元を「丈雪(じょうせつ)の国」と呼んでいる。雪慣れぬ寸雪の国に「降れば大雪」の気候変動は脅威である。二つの国は背中合わせ。積み重ねた克雪の知恵を、分けてもらう時ではないか。
在《北越雪谱》中,作者将相对温暖的地方称为雪深“寸许之国”,而他所生活的当地则称之为“丈余之国”。降雪较少的地方如果气候异常“突降暴雪”,将会带来巨大的威胁。这两种地区地缘上互相邻靠,现在正是分享寒冷地区多年防治雪灾经验的时候吧。
In the book, Suzuki calls warm regions “sunsetsu no kuni” (countries of sun-deep snow) and the region where he lived “josetsu no kuni” (countries of jo-deep snow). Sun and jo are units of length--1 sun is about 3 centimeters and 1 jo is about 3 meters. To regions that are not used to snow, climate change that can cause sudden heavy snowfalls is a threat. The two regions are back to back. It is time we ask snow countries to share with us the wisdom they have accumulated to overcome heavy snow.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-2-20 15:16:34 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-2-21 19:18:32 | 显示全部楼层
ものの旅。日本人对事物的感触是如此纤细~难以企及,这些"独特"的词汇也给我们翻译时增加了难度。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注~册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|咖啡日语