bad debt = money owing that is written off (and never paid)(无法收回的)坏账,倒账
My business is in financial trouble because of a series of bad debts.
因为有许多收不回的债款,我的生意陷入了财政困难。
bad egg/hat/lot = somebody of bad character / reputation 坏蛋,卑鄙小人
I’d advise you not to associate with him. He’s a bad lot.
我奉劝你不要和他交往,他是一个坏蛋。
badly off = poor, not wealthy<口>贫困的,景况不好的
We were so badly off when I was a child that we had a meat dish for dinner only on a Sunday.
我小时候,我们家很穷,我们只有在星期天才能吃上肉。
bad patch = difficult/unfavorable situation(一段)倒霉时光
My business has been through a bad patch recently and I have been unable to maintain a reasonable profit margin.
最近我的买卖经历了一段不景气的时光,我已不能保持适当的利润率。
come to a bad end = finish in unpleasant / criminal circumstances(possibly by dying)死于非命,落得个不好的下场
He’s already been caught shoplifting; that boy will come to a bad end.
那男孩冒充顾客进商店行窃被抓,他将不会有好下场。
go from bad to worse = deteriorate(gradually)(病情,处境,行为等)愈来愈坏
The service in this hotel goes from bad to worse.
这个旅店的服务每况愈下。
in a bad way = critically ill (of a person), or in a very poor state (of a thing)(人)病情严重,(事)处于困境
I hear that Brian is in a bad way after his accident.
我听说,布莱恩出事故以后病情严重。
The canal is now in a very bad way through neglect.
由于疏忽,这条运河现在很糟糕。
in a bad taste = ill-mannered/offensive行为卑鄙,无礼的
I thought the remarks she made about royalty in front of the Duchess were in very bad taste.
我认为她在公爵夫人面前所说的有关王族的话是很无礼的。
in somebody’s bad books = be in disfavor with somebody给某人留下坏印象
She refuses to talk to me but I don’t know why I’m in her bad books.
她拒绝和我交谈,但我不知道我为什么会给她留下很坏的印象。
not (so/too) bad = comparatively good不错
Have you tried the new restaurant yet? It’s not too bad.
你尝试过这家新饭店没有?不错。